Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fireworks or Bust

Happy Birthday America! We had big plans with Jarad's family for the 4th. We were headed to the Colorado National Speedway to watch the races and then a magnificant fireworks show. My father-in-law, Steve, was so excited to give me my initial redneck experience at the races. However, it started pouring rain (it's been a trend lately) at about 1pm and it hadn't stopped yet! So we drove south to the Speedway, got there, and sadly, the nice parking attendant man told us the whole night had been CANCELLED! SAD DAYS! Our 4th plans had been ruined by rain!

So...after sulking (Sienna and I did) and brainstorming, we decided to make our own fun and Steve still wanted some redneck influence, so we headed to a buffet!

According to my father-in-law- redneck eatin' means goin' to the buffet!


Sienna was sportin' some Independance Day gear! Lookin' good!


The Whole Famdamily! Steve, Lin, Deahna, Sienna, Me, Ambar, Kayla & their friend Marina (Jar was playing photographer)

For those who may not know, that is my FAVORITE part about the 4th of July. I love fireworks! I love watching big shows, I love lighting them at home, I love how they look, I love how they sound...I just love fireworks!

Lucky for us, just prior to arriving at the buffet, we saw a couple of firework tents. And my husband was kind enough to take me (to both firework tents) to get some goods for a firework extravaganza of our own at home later.


On the drive home, we saw a double rainbow and one of them was the brightest rainbow we'd ever seen!! This picture doesn't even do it justice.

Much to my enjoyment, as soon as it was dark, we started the firework extravaganza! Jar and I lit all the fireworks and did Pop-Its and sparklers! We had a grand time! I think everyone else did to...or else they were just enjoying me squeal and love the fireworks!


Is it time for fireworks yet?!


Steve & Lin enjoying the fireworks extravaganza!


Marina, Ambar & Kayla laughing at Kaylas squealing at the noisy fireworks.


oooo.....awww.....


We LOVED the sparklers!


Deahna & Sienna


Me-smiling at the joy I get from doing fireworks! Jar- smirking because he thinks we should just light money on fire instead.



Jar trying to look excited for me.


Everyone got in on the sparkler action. I think we went through about 8 boxes!


Deahna doesn't love fireworks...but she wanted to figure out her firework setting on her camera.


Aren't fireworks so cool! So pretty...

Although our original plans didn't work out, we had a great time as a family!

6 comments:

Maura said...

Sounds so fun! I agree with Steve on the whole buffet thing....

Amy S said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Anonymous said...

ah I am jealous that they get you guys and not us anymore. we miss you.

Lance n Amber said...

Looks like you guys are having way to much fun! We miss you! Wein said you were moving to Colorado. Keep on coming east my friend!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Jarad is a smart man-- keep the wife happy!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.