Wednesday, July 22, 2009

California Knows How to Party! (Part 1)

I was fortunate enough to be able to go out to California and visit my brother, David, his wife, Melanie and their kids, Audrey (3) and Jordan (1). I hate that they live so far away so I don't get to see them as often as I'd like but I LOVE going to visit and was stoked that I got to go for a whole week!

After picking me up at the airport, we commenced the two hour drive to their house. But luckily, look at what we found on the way!

LUNCH TIME! YES! Unfortunately my only stop there during the week, but it was sure good! They need to get some of these out here!

Audrey came with David to the airport to pick me up and she was "so hungery" so good thing we stopped at In & Out!

David giving Jordan a haircut. He didn't seem to mind at first but by the end he was wailing. Speed- David must learn to be faster!

Next day we went to church, and I drew with Audrey during sacrament and then got to watch Jordan during Sunday School and Relief Society. It is amazing how fast church goes when you have little ones!

What a pretty girl all ready for church! Audrey loves pink and always had a necklace or jewelry of some sort on while I was there.

Little man in his man-suit! So adorable! Seriously he is so cute!

Audrey never looks at the camera- she just says "cheeeeesssse" and looks where ever she wants! So this is the best picture I got of them in their Sunday best.
The next couple days were pretty relaxing. I slept in a bit, read my book, napped and played with the kiddos so Melanie could get caught up on some things.

Audrey & Jordan- oh how I wish I could play with them more often!

Jordan loves playing with shoes, mostly David's shoes, but he sometimes hauled mine around their house too.

Jordan also loved getting into my things to see what he could find. Guess that's what I get for leaving my bags on the floor. Such a curious boy!

One day I was playing music on my phone and Audrey had to get her dance on! We also put on some music and she kept on groovin'!

Playing with the two cuties! I love this picture cause they are so cute and we are all actually looking at the camera!

4 comments:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

They are so stinkin CUTE!! I can't believe how big Jordan has gotten. :O I LOVE the Sunday pictures!! Looks fun, I'm glad you got to go see them!! :)

Amy S said...

Cute cute. Ha thats funny, I feel like church with Emi drags on FOREVER! :) I need to come to Denver and have you watch Emi during church.

Ashley said...

Yes, you should totally come to Denver! I'd watch Emi anytime!!!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Photos of Audrey looking at the camera are a rare thing! Love all this!