Friday, July 24, 2009

California Knows How to Party (Part 3)

My last night there, I got to watch the kids so David & Melanie could have a night off. They went to a movie, got dinner and even stayed at a hotel so they could sleep in just a little bit and relax without having to worry about the kiddos.

Shortly after they left for the evening, I packed the two kids in the car and headed to get some supplies for our night. We made a present for Jarad and surprises for David & Mel too. It was quite the adventure to take two little ones out shopping on my own! But we had fun and they were really good!


Audrey was excited to make a present for Uncle Jarad and loved painting in pink! How did she know that was Uncle Jarad's favorite color?!?! HA!


Here is the finished product! She added pom-poms, colored on top of the paint and even gave up some of her precious jewels!


This is the apron we made for Melanie. Sorry, no pictures of the kids whilst making the aprons. Somehow it was too difficult to get pictures while I was painting their hands/feet and trying to get them onto the apron nicely without getting paint all over their house!


David is obsessed with the kids toes, so this is the apron we made for him.

Projects done! (well mostly, I had to add finishing touches after the kids were in bed) Now it was time for baths, story time and getting the kids to bed. They were tired from all our hard work so they went right to sleep! Wish I could say the same for me! I did some picking up (we'd made quite the mess with our projects), packing to go home the next day and then I couldn't go to sleep because it was a little weird to be alone in the house. But alas, I finally slept for a little while before little Jordan decided that 6am was a good time to wake up! Good thing he's cute!


All week, little Jordan couldn't get enough of my phone or any other phone for that matter! He and I played and got ready for the day and waited for Audrey to wake up.


Good morning sleepy-head! She must have been worn out because she slept until 9!

Smiliest little boy you will ever meet! I love him SOOO much!

We had a great time playing while David & Mel were away but we were glad when they came home so we could show them our surprises!


I love going to visit the Cali-fam! Audrey, Melanie, David, Jordan & me.
Thanks for a fabulous trip and for everything you did for me while I was out there! I loved every minute of it! I think it needs to be a summer tradition for me to come out to visit. I love you all!!

I said goodbye to Mel & Jordan (didn't have to cry this time cause they are coming to CO in a few weeks and I get to see them again!) and David, Audrey & I headed back to the airport. Thanks for making the 2+ hour (each way) drive again David!


Had to get some lunch at the airport. Seriously?! $13 for a sandwich and a drink?! Airport food is a rip-off! At least it tasted good.


Back in Denver- thank you Southwest. And I was very excited to see my hubby- I missed him so much!

3 comments:

Janna said...

Sounds like you had a blast! So when are you going to come out and visit your Reno-fam?? :)

Amy S said...

Looks like you guys had fun. You are the best aunt!

Kern County Kids Read said...

I was getting so sad and missing you looking at all these photos and then remembered yeah! Get to see you all in a week! Seriously thank you for all you did Ash- I mentally had a much needed break and felt cheerier while you were here. The kids (and us) definitely love their Aunt Mimi.