Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A Day at the Beach

One of my favorite places is the beach. You wouldn't know it since I've lived in a land-locked state for the past eight years, but every time I get the change to go, I jump on it! Lucky for me, while I was out in Cali, David was able to take a day off and was kind enough to indulge my desire to go to the beach and play in the ocean, while I was so close to it. So we headed to Pismo Beach!

After two+ hours of driving, we finally made it! We parked, pottied and then headed to a pier-side resteraunt to eat lunch.


I got the regular fish 'n chips. It was yummy!

David ordered this mega-seafood plate and he even had a little squid with lots of tentacles. GROSS!

Mmmm...fish! Jordan didn't eat much, actually most of it ended up on the floor but he liked the ketchup!

After we were done with lunch, we took a walk out to the end of the pier and back. We saw lots of fishing and it was nice just to walk around after being in the car for so long.


Me on the pier. (I have no idea what I am doing with my face!)


Look who's stylin'! Have I said how much I love these two!!


Who's the man!- Jordan was so cute in his sunglasses and so happy all day!

David, Melanie, Audrey & Jordan- cute family photo on the pier.


"Can we go down there please?!"- Audrey was very excited to get in the water and play in the sand. She was done with the pier-walking.

So we headed back to the car, loaded up with our beach-gear and found a perfect spot to set up camp! Then it was on to the fun stuff- sandcastles, running in the ocean, trying to fly a kite, having snacks and just playing with the little ones!


Audrey couldn't wait to get in the ocean! David & Audrey running from the waves.


"I don't know about this..."-Jordan was a little wairy of the sand at first.


Audrey was a great big sister though and showed Jordan that the sand is tons of fun!


I DO like this sand stuff! Jordan spent alot of time digging and playing in the sand.


Audrey & Mel chillin on the blankets. Audrey need to get warmed up after being in the water.


Jordan loved going in the ocean! He would giggle everytime a little wave would come in and get his legs. It was so fun to play in the water with him.


Audrey & I built some mighty fine sand castles together, then she said, "TIMBER" and made them all fall down and mashed them to bits!


"I CAN SEE WHY AUNT MIMI LOVES THIS PLACE! IT ROCKS!!"- That's what Jordan was telling David.


Me & the beach- seriously one of my favorite places on earth!


I love you Jarad! We missed having you with us at the beach! :(


After seeing me "write letters" in the sand, Audrey wanted me to help her write her name too.

Melanie and I also tried to fly a kite but it just wasn't windy enough, so we had some snacks instead! It was quite the challenge to keep all the food from getting sand-filled with the little ones!


After a while, David was ready to go..."too much sand" apparently for his taste.


Jordan & I hanging out while David packed up our stuff. I love that little man!

While David packed the stuff into the car, we played on the playground close by.


Audrey loved the slide and kept asking, "one more time?!"

Melanie & Audrey enjoying the swings.

We had a great day at the beach and thanks to David & Melanie for such a great day!!

Thanks Pismo for a perfect day at the beach!

7 comments:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

I LOVE the beach also!! I would stay there all day and all night if I could. Looks like tons of fun!!

Maura said...

Love the photos and all the fun descriptions. So glad you were able to make the trip out. Those kids are so cute!

ASL Club said...

I love the beach! I've only been once, but it is my favorite place, too. Jealous. ~Jenn

Amy S said...

I can't wait to go to the beach. Love the sun, love the water. Glad you had fun!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Glad you took all those pics - I don't always get my camera out running around with the kids.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.