Thursday, July 24, 2008

Pioneer Day Partying

Jarad & I decided to really celebrate this 24th of July! We awoke early in the AM and headed out to watch the Days of '47 Pioneer Day Parade. After walking quite a ways from our car to the parade route, we planted our camping chairs down and the parade began (nice timing eh?).

We love parades.

We saw the motorcycle cops do some cool tricks and even saw the prophet, Pres. Monson pass by.

WHOA! Don't try this at home!


He is so cute!

Jarad had never been to the Pioneer Day Parade and I hadn't been in a few years so it was enjoyable for the first hour or so...but as it got pretty toasty our parade enthusiasm wained...however, I hadn't seen the UTAH UTE'S float yet. :( We'd seen about every other school but not our alma mater. I convinced Jar to stay a bit longer, and finally it came and we hooted and hollered and flashed our quasi-gang sign hand U's as if we were at a football game or something!

I am a Utah Wo-Man Sir! GO UTES!

Not long after we started the trek back to our car and then home to rest up.

That night went down to Liberty Park with our friends Cole & Maura to see...you guessed it...FIREWORKS! What would a holiday be without fireworks? Nothing to me! I love fireworks!!! And Liberty did not disappoint! We had a great spot on the grass and the show was spectacular!


Jar & I, and Cole & Maura


So pretty! And Jar & I both love that boom that rings in your ears for a while even after the show is over!

In all seriousness though, I am grateful for the pioneers who came to this valley and who trekked across the country. I don't know that I could have had the strength they had to endure everything they did. Happy Pioneer Day!!!

2 comments:

Britt said...

You guys are always doing such fun things! It looks like you are having an awesome summer! :)

J said...

one thing i miss about utah: you get to celebrate pioneer day!