Friday, July 11, 2008

Bundt Gone Bad!

So just before leaving for California, I tried to make an Oreo Chocolate Bundt cake to take to a BBQ at a friends house. It took alot of time to mix up the cake and make the filling and then just getting it in the pan was a process. First I crushed some oreos and put them in the bottom, then poured about half the cake mix in, and then I had to hand-spoon in the filling so it didn't touch the edges, followed by the rest of the batter. The I cooked it for an hour...when I took it out, it looked great! The recipe said to cool for about 15-20 minutes before taking it out of the bundt pan so I did. But when I went to take it out, it had fallen in the middle and I turned it over and out of the pan it came, and the middle was MUSH! Sad days!! Jar tried it and said it tasted good but it was definitely mushy. :( So...we scrapped that idea and ended up going to Costco for Cheescake and strawberries! And this is why I don't often try new recipes...especially baking ones because I don't have much success. Maybe I should take a baking class... no, really...look at the evidence!


No it's not burned, that's the oreo crumbs. Please note the massive goo piled in the middle!


Maybe powdered sugar will make it looke better....NOPE!

3 comments:

Britt said...

That's a total bummer! Due to a VERY similar experience I will never try making cheesecake again! Oh well, costco is awesome! :)

Kern County Kids Read said...

Ha ha ha! I saw photos of this from when we copied the pics on your card and I thought- what is this!? At least it tasted good!

geri said...

Um...tasty? From prior experience, I know your cooking is normally phenomenal!