Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Food and Family

Our Memorial Day weekend was a blast and included lots of food and family!

We went to dinner with Jarad's family to an authentic German restaurant called Edelweiss.


We had a little friend joining us at our table...


We all had salads...which were very interesting...lettuce, green beans, potatoes, cucumbers and tomatoes- all of which had some strange dressing on them.


Jarad's meal...which was the best of all of them.


My meal...only ate the meat...won't be trying that again.


Steve, Lin, Jarad & I, Sienna and Deahna- all outside of Edelweiss- a different eating experience and not one that Jarad and I are eager to try again any time soon.

After dinner, we had to go say goodbye to my Grandma and Aunt who came down from Wyoming for the weekend.


Jarad & I, Grandma, Aunt Angela and Olivia- good to see you guys!

Although Jarad had to work the next day, I was able to go to Seven Falls with the in-laws. And I will fully admit that I was sore for days afterward!


We're all ready for the climb!


Here I am- all ready to climb on...yes, that says 224 steps!


Steve & Lin- Jarad's parents- at the half way up point.

Once we reached the top, there were two different hikes that we could do. We just did one and then had a little picnic lunch.


Sienna and I by the waterfall on our hike.


It was the first hike of the year for my favorite hiking shoes- my chacos!


The view looking down...a lot scarier than going up!

No comments: