Friday, November 21, 2008

Food Drive

This past Wednesday, for our combined youth activity, I planned a food drive. I had the youth pass out paper bags last Sunday to everyone at church and then we gathered it on Wednesday night. At first, not alot of bags were being brought back or so it looked like and really in the end, I thought we would've gotten more, even though we still had a substantial amount. The youth loaded into my car before going home.


The back seat of my car was full.

And so was the whole back/trunk area.


Thursday after work, I drove down to the Utah Food Bank to drop off what we had collected. I pulled up and a guy helped me unload all the bags into a huge box. Then they used a lift to puck up the box and put it on a scale. 430 pounds!!!!! I couldn't believe the number and instantly I had a smile on my face! It felt so good to know that our ward could donate to help those in our community who need it.

No comments: