Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Meister Family Reunion

This past weekend, Jarad and I traveled to Cody, Wyoming to attend the Meister Family Reunion (my Mom's side). We left Thursday afternoon and arrived just after midnight. Friday morning, I got a pedicure and we picked up car seats for the little ones and headed to the airport to pick up my brother's family- David, Melanie, Audrey and Jordan. Mom, Dad, Kevin & Lori and Lindsey all arrived a few hours later. After everyone got settled we celebrated Audrey's birthday which was the day before.


David & Audrey- cheesing it up for the camera.


Audrey opening her presents...a play cash register and a purse full of goodies.

Friday night, there was a BBQ-style dinner at the Boot & Bottle for all the family. It was fun to see my Grandparents, most of my aunts and uncles, cousins and even great aunts/uncles.


Kevin & Lori at the Boot & Bottle


Melanie & David with Audrey and Jordan.


Me & Linds at the Boot & Bottle

Saturday morning, family pictures were scheduled. Yes...photos of Grandma & Grandpa as well as their 12 kids and their spouses and grandchildren and great-grandchildren. It was quite an adventure and took a few hours to finish.


Jarad was keeping Audrey busy while we waited for our turn for pictures. Say cheese!


Jarad & I in our black pants and white shirts...the dress code for family pictures.


Some of my Grandma's siblings were there as well for the reunion. My Great-Aunt's & Uncles.

Saturday afternoon, there was a luncheon at the Cody Country Club. David, Kevin, Lindsey and I played our insturments for a while and I also played my harp. Although we only had a little practice time together we sounded pretty good! It was a yummy lunch and then there were a few presentations. The crowns for the King & Queen, a reading of a cool poem by my Uncle Tony as well as an amazing slideshow of pictures of my grandparents from childhood till now as well as all the kids, grandkids and great-grandkids that my Mom & Dad put together.


My Grandma & Grandpa- the King & Queen


Audrey & Melanie at the Country Club


The siblings...playing as a quartet.


My cousin Joey at the Country Club

After the luncheon and presentation, there was a private mass at my Aunt Angela's house (my Mom's family is all Catholic). Then we had dinner there and just hung out with all the family that had come for the reunion. We played with the cousins and there was even karaoke.


Kev & Lori keeping warm.


Lindsey trying to roast mallows on the wood-stove.


My Mom & Dad


David & Mel & Jordan


Jar & I hanging out.


Kevin & Audrey posing for the camera


Lindsey sang some wicked karaoke with the counsins...Alee & Erica


Kevin even hit up the karaoke for us! As did Lori but I didn't get a picture! :(


Aunt Geri, Aunt Berni, Mom & Uncle Jay chatting and catching up

Sunday morning, there was a breakfast for everyone and then my family went to the Cody cemetery, where my Dad's parents are buried.


Grandma Wilson's headstone


Grandpa Wilson's headstone


Jar & I at the cemetery- forgive the puffy eyes...it was an emotional morning.

Back at my Dad's sister's house (Ida & Gary), where we stayed all weekend, we took a family picture with all of us in our Meister Family Reunion shirts.

I love my family!!!

Sadly, Mom & Dad, Kevin & Lori and Lindsey had to leave Sunday afternoon to drive back to Colorado. So we said goodbye and the rest of us just hung out at my Aunt Ida's, took naps and then went up to say goodbye to everyone on my Mom's side.
David, Mel and the kids had to fly out early Monday morning. Jar & I took them to the airport.


Audrey's sleeping positions crack me up!


Audrey and Auntie Ida


Cutest baby Jordan!

After the airport, Jar & I cleaned up and packed up and hit the road home. We took a short-cut home (thanks Uncle Gary for the tip!) and I'd like to say it was a beautiful drive home, but it was all through rural Wyoming...blah!

But once we got back onto Utah soil, the mountains were beautiful!!! Many of the leaves are changing color and I snapped this photo as we drove.

One good thing about fall...the beautiful leaves!


Jarad was most excited to be done driving (since he drove the whole way!). Home again, home again.

It was a great trip and it was so nice to see all of my relatives and especially my immediate family. I love them so much and miss them and can't wait for Thanksgiving to see everyone again!

7 comments:

JenW said...

so ash, i know we are both wilsons but my mom's family are heaths...so we are totally related, you know that?:) awesome! you'll be an awesome YW pres...good luck!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Wah! I am sad it's over already! I can't wait for when we get to all get together again. I miss the pretty leaves in Utah. I was loving seeing the fall color on the trip as we don't get much color changing here - the leaves just fall off.

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Good pics. That was a lot of fun seeing everybody. I love fall time also! See you guys soon.

P.S. we need to exchange pictures.(sorry we forgot to do that before we left.)

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Hey Jarad, Happy Birthday :D Hope it was a good one! ;)

Katie Price said...

So how come I didn't know you play the violin? I have always wanted to play the violin. I'm so jealous. It was awesome of you guys to come the other day. So good to see you.

Maura said...

Love those leaves! We should get a group together and do a "leaf" drive/picnic through one of the canyons. Sounds like a perfect photo opp to me!

J said...

You have no idea how happy I am to know that your Mom's name was Meister. I think that's a great last name. :)