Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Anniversary Celebrations- Part 1

This year was my turn to plan our anniversary. I looked and thought for weeks about what we should do and finally, with the help of a co-worker, I came up with a plan. I decided that I'd surprised Jarad and take him camping one more time before the fall/winter came. So I planned when and how I'd get the supplies ready without him knowing and found a campground. Friday the 12th, I sent him away in the morning then started packing up my car with all our camping gear. I didn't get in all in the morning so ended coming home on my lunch break to finish the packing. After work, I hit the store for food and then told Jar to be blindfolded when I got home.

After loading him in the car, I tried to take crazy ways to the canyon and luckily after a while Jar lost track of where we were and actually fell asleep. When we arrived at the Spruces campground in Big Cottonwood canyon, I had a note for the nice lady in the shack letting her know not to blow the surprise by talking to loud. She gave us a site and we drove up to it and then I told Jar he could take off his blindfold. He was very surprised! He thought we were heading into the mountains but had no idea that we would be staying the night.


Jar blindfolded and with my little note.


Yeah for camping!!!

We got everything set up and ended up driving back down the canyon to the 7-11 for a disposable camera because I had thought of everything but charging my battery! After returning we started a fire and got going on our dinner. We had steak tin-foil dinners and then peach cobbler for dessert along with some roasted starbursts...mmm!!!
Although warm by the fire, in our tent during the night it became very, very cold! But we stuck it out and snuggled up to get as much warmth as possible! Breakfast of eggs and sausage and hot cocoa got us warmed up in the morning and after getting warm and full we packed up.


Our very cold feet in the tent!


My cute husband taking down the tent.

A few miles more up the canyon is Silver Lake. Jar and I headed up there to do some fishing before heading home. It was really beautiful and we saw so many fish jumping. And although we had fun fixing our poles and spending time together, Jar was the only one who caught anything.


Me & Jar getting ready to fish!


Silver Lake


Just fishing.


Jar & his prize little fish!

5 comments:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Good job being sneeky Ashley!! Congrats again, you guys are so cute!! See ya soon

Kern County Kids Read said...

Yeah! Way to keep it a secret -- did you get a haircut?

Ashley said...

Yep...I chopped it off before school started. See you soon!

J said...

I love fishing! :)

I loved your idea of the blindfold and writing a note. You guys are so cute. Hope you had a great anniversary!

Anonymous said...

you guys are hardcore. i love you.