Thursday, April 15, 2010

Riviera Maya- Day 3 & 4

Unfortunately, something I ate at the restaurant didn't sit well and I was up sick all night and still felt way yucky in the morning, we we had to postpone our excursion to Tulum from day 3 to 4.

So, we enjoyed our room, relaxed, watched TV, slept and then enjoyed the pool, buffet and beach some more.

I needed the sleep to try and get the bug I caught out!


Poor Jar- stuck in the room with me!


We did have a great room, but we did venture out to lay by the pool and eat!


Outside on the deck of the buffet, they had these crazy wild cats that would come right up to you.

Luckily, the next morning I was feeling better, and we were able to take our excursion to Tulum to see the old Mexican ruins.


We took a shuttle into the ruins. So excited to see the ruins!


This was the entrance to the ruins- it was so short and narrow.


Here we are with some of the ruins in the background.


Tulum is the only ruins right on the beach. Our tour-guide told us all sort of cool history about the Mayan people and how they lived.


Once we left the ruins, there was a big Mexican market. They even had Subway!


In the street of the market, a guy with a huge iguana came up to us and put this iguana on me. Jarad took my picture, then we had to pay him $4!


The Mayan men would climb up to the top and jump off and spin around and around and lower themselves until they were back on the ground. We can't remember why, but it was cool to watch.

After we drove the hour back to our resort, we cleaned up and went to dinner. Surf & Turf restaurant was our reservation for the evening.


Jarad was brave and ordered the seafood platter and actually really liked it. I played it safe with steak and potatoes!


All of the restaurants were unique and had great food.

1 comment:

Lance n Amber said...

That would be so cool to see the ruins. I'm glad that you were feeling better and were able to go.