Thursday, April 15, 2010

Riviera May- Day 5

We went on one other excursion while we were there. We went snorkeling! It was one of our favorite days of our trip. We got picked up at our hotel and drove to the first location- a inlet that was a mix of fresh and salt water.


Here we are- all suited up and ready to snorkel!


So cute underwater!

We swam around for a while, before someone else in our group spotted the one thing I had to see! So I just started swimming towards it...


A SEA TURTLE!! It was so awesome to be so close to it.


We also saw a stingray and I even touched it. Jarad also saw a barracuda shark.

Our next stop was at some underground caves that are in the underground river system (Mexico has the 2nd largest in the world!). The water in the caves was FREEZING! I was a little freaked out because of the small, enclosed space, but it was pretty cool inside.


We loved snorkeling!

After the caves, they fed us lunch. It was my favorite meal of the whole week! We had authentic Mexican BBQ and it was DELICIOUS!!!


MMMMMM....so good!


Timer picture...sorry it's a little dark.


Off to our next, and final destination.

The last place they took us was way out in the middle of the Mexican jungle. It is called a Cenote and it is a big sink-hole of fresh water out in the middle of no-where. It was so clear and cool.

Us, on the dock of the cenote.


There was a zip-line into the cenote- this is Jar enjoying the ride. We both did the zip-line quite a few times. SO FUN!


They also had a 20 foot jump into the cenote. I am hard to see, but I am jumping in! I only did it the one time, but Jarad did it over and over again!

We also did a little more snorkeling and some some cool fish.


I loved snorkeling!


Jar was like a fish!

That evening, we went to the gourmet restaurant and it was very fancy! We got all gussied up for the evening and just enjoyed our last (tear!) night in Mexico.


We almost felt out of place the restaurant was so fancy!


Even the dessert was fancy!

After dinner, we went for a romantic walk on the beach and around the resort.


Then we played some chess!


Jarad also won at chess.

Famous Musicals was the show for the evening, so we went to that as well.


I even met the Lion King!


And what would our last night be without some more delicious drinks! (again...all-inclusive is the way to go!)

1 comment:

Lance n Amber said...

I love snorkeling!!! I am so jealous! Well more happy for you than jealous so I guess I'm ok! :)

I'm so glad you had a fun trip!