Sunday, June 28, 2009

Not My Brightest Moment

At our new place, Jar & I have a detached garage. It is great! We love the storage and it is nice to have a guarenteed parking spot. Jarad has been nice enough to let me park in our garage but that all changed this past week after I had a not so bright moment!

Directly across from our garage is some open parking where people like to park their large and long bit type man trucks that hang out further than the parking spaces would normally allow. Apparently because we are in the back of the development they think this is an appropriate place to park. Anyway...so this makes turning into our one car garage (kind of small) kind of a multi-step process. Pull in, back up, try pulling in again, back up again, etc. Well, one day I was pulling in and thought I had enough room on the passenger side when all of the sudden I heard the un-glorious screeching noise! Uh-oh! Side of the garage meet side of the car!


Luckily there wasn't too much damage...mostly just paint transfer. Here is the side-rail.


The back passenger door also got some paint from the garage.

So...now, Jarad parks his smaller car in the garage. And I am banned from doing so! Not my brightest moment!

3 comments:

Maura said...

hahah. Feeling you on that one. Yesterday I pulled up too close in the parking lot at home and when I went to pull out, off came my front bumper...

ASL Club said...

Remember when I did that to my old truck when I was pulling out of my carport a hundred years ago? Yeah, it happens to only the best of us:)

Kern County Kids Read said...

Similar story belongs to me from my days parking in a tiny carport under the townhouse I lived in during college days.