Monday, June 8, 2009

So Long Salt Lake

Knowing that moving day was quickly approaching, Jarad and I tried to cram in as much visiting, hanging out, going to our favorite places, etc. before we left. Here is a re-cap of the major highlights (well what I have pictures of at least!).

First, we had to say goodbye to Jason & Amy & Emi. They moved into our complex last summer and we became instant friends! Many nights of shared dinners, playing with Emi (one of the most adorable children I know!), shopping and lots of competitive games of Rook and Hand & Foot will be some of our favorite memories.


Amy, Jason & Emi- thanks to you guys for letting us live in your place for a week!


Precious Emi


Me & Emi

Next we had to finish cleaning and taking our the last of our belongings from good 'ole Arbor Lane #1. It was a good apartment and is filled with two great years of wonderful memories!


We're no longer #1 :(

Another thing we crammed in at 9:45pm one night, was another summer tradition that orgininally started with me and my sisser, Tarina. BOB'S!!!


Jar & I and Cole & Maura at the greatest snowie shack in SLC- Bob's Brainfreeze!

I also had the chance to go to breakfast with our good friend Jenn. She and I met in college, worked together, went back to school and took more classes together and did lots of crazy things together over the years. Thanks for being a great friend Jenn!


Jenn & I

We also got to meet the newest member of the Glenn family- Kaden. Josie was one of the first people to befriend me when we moved into the Millstream Ward. She and I served in Young Women's together, she introduced me to Girl's Night Out. Thanks for all the fun times and all your caring notes and phone calls Jos!


Me, Josie & little Kaden.

We also had a little get-together/farewell party with a bunch of our pals. Tons of those we love couldn't make it, but we know that you love us and we hope you know that we love you too! Thanks to Cole & Maura for hosting the party, since we were homeless and thanks to those who stopped by to say adieu.


Group shot- Cole & Maura, Chrissy & Thayne, Alec & Tiff, Tarina, Chris & Kate and Jar & I.

One of the last things we did, was say see ya later to my sisser, Tarina, her hubby Chris and little one Kate. I was fortunate enough to get to go hang out with Tarina & Kate many afternoons after work. I had to get in all the Kate time I could before moving. She is so cute and is lucky to have the most amazing parents!
I couldn't say it better than you T- thanks for your post about our friendship. No amount of miles or years could take away the countless memories we've shared over the past eight years nor change the amazing sisterhood and friendship we have! I love you!


Cutest Kate playing in her bouncer while I chat with T.


Me & my newest neice Kate.


Chris, Tarina & Kate- family forever!

Jarad & I also made time to go to OUR temple to do some sealings. We love going back to the place where almost three years ago, we were sealed for time and all eternity to each other. It helps us remember what we promised that day and how much we love each other.


We love OUR temple- the beautiful Bountiful temple will always have a special place in our hearts.


Simply amazing!

Just before we drove out of town, we stopped by Cole & Maura's one last time. We met them in our first married ward, became friends and made a pact to stay friends. We both moved out of that ward, but we stayed friends and we finally convinced them to move into our building! We will always remember game nights, going out to many new resturaunts, concerts, hours of chatting and many other countless memories! We can't wait to see you guys over Labor Day!


Cole & Maura

We've loved all our years (8 for me and 4 for Jar) in Salt Lake and not only have gobs of great memories of our time there, but great friends and family that we will always treasure and love and won't soon forget!!!

So Long Salt Lake, thanks for it all!!! We'll see you soon!

5 comments:

Amy S said...

We will miss you guys tons and already do! You'll have to come visit and vice versa!

J said...

I hope your move went all right and you are liking your new apartment! Nice picture of you Josie and the little one. Your blog is the only one I've been able to see a picture of him on!
I know you'll miss SLC, but you'll make new friends and new memories and it will be great, I promise!

Kern County Kids Read said...

I liked the apartment door photo- sad that I never got to see your place there in SLC!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

We miss you already! Glad the CO adventures are going well so far. Yah for new experience and opportunities. You guys will do great in CO, I know it. LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!

Josie said...

Thanks for making me tear up! So sad. Ps, could you just take me out of our pic together? Can I say yikes!!! not a good photo of muah....