Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Day at the Zoo

We spent a day at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo with our friends Reid & Rebecca and their girls. This zoo is the best zoo (next to the San Diego Zoo) that I've ever been to! It is so interactive and I love being able to get so close to the animals. We had a blast!


Jar and the giraffe- which you can feed at this zoo. They have the longest tongues- which Jarad didn't like so much when they were licking him.


I think giraffes are such amazing creatures! And Jarad says I am part giraffe because I have an abnormally long tongue. :)


But these beautiful birds are my all-time F.a.V.o.R.i.T.e! Such vibrant colors!


Can you see Genna and I squealing with excitement that it fanned out its feather and we were able to get so close to it!! Some day I will have a peacock inspired room in my house.


Help! I'm getting mauled by a bear!


Just kidding...cute pic of Jar & I


Genna feeding the birds- one of these birds also just flew onto Jarad's shoulder while we were in that exhibit.


Jarad and their baby Kate


Me & the hippo....see the resemblance?! ha!

No comments: