Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Life is...

a journey! And we've recently (well, that word is relative...) embarked on a new adventure in our journey. After three years of unsuccessfully trying to start our family (that's the short version- if you want detials, just ask- we'll share), Jarad and I are hoping to start our family through adoption!! We are very excited and very hopeful that a brave birthmother will choose us and give us the most precious, selfless gift.

We are going through LDS Family Services and started our paperwork in April and recieved our final approval about two weeks ago. Here is the link to our profile on the itsaboutlove.org website.


We also had some pass-along cards printed (which Jarad so wonderfully designed himself!). Here's a preview...


The front...


The back...

We'll be sending them out to pretty much everyone we know! (if you'd like some just comment with your address and we'll make sure you get them) A high percentage (like 60%+)of adoptions happen through what seem like random connections but aren't random at all and are really the Lord's way of blessing families.

We also made a blog button-



You can add it to your blog by inserting the code found on the sidebar into an html widget. (Another way to spread the word that we're hoping to adopt.)

We are thankful for adoption and for how wonderful and supportive our families and friends have been so far in this adventure.

10 comments:

Lil La said...

I couldn't get to your blog fast enough from FB. I knew it was going to be about adoption! I'm sooo thrilled for you and I do LOVE your pic. Very loving and if I was a birthmother I would DEF pick you. I'll pray the wait is short. You guys are awesome. I'll add your button to my blog, not that it gets lots of visitors, but you never know:)

The Petterssons said...

So exciting! Good luck with everything! You're in my prayers

Kern County Kids Read said...

So excited for potential cousins! We'll put your button on our blog shortly!

Amy S said...

So excited for you guys! Adoption is such an amazing thing. We love you guys and can't wait to see what this journey brings!

Katie Price said...

I am so glad you guys are doing this. You will make the best mother. And Jarad's okay too:). We will keep you in mind and pray for you. I'm so happy. I can't wait until you get a baby!

Jesse + Abby + Kaeli + Logan + Brooklyn said...

You two are amazing and would make wonderful parents! We love you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so happy for you guys! You are in my prayers and I'll try to spread the word here in TN! Love ya'll!

Angie said...

Yay! I am so happy for you guys! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

This automatically made me cry. I love and miss you so much! I wish and pray all the best for you. :)
-Dev

Lance n Amber said...

So exciting, so exciting!!
I love the cards!