Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Headed to Music City

My little sister is all grown up (although to me, she'll always be a little 12 yr. old!)...and headed off to graduate school in Nashville. I was lucky and got to drive her out there with our parents. It was an extremely long drive (over 20 hours!) but it was really fun to spend two days with my sisser and see help her move into her very first apartment.


Me, Lindsey and her pup Shelby just after leaving.


Mom & Dad drove the van and pulled a small U-Haul trailer full of stuff!


The first night- when we stopped in Kansas City, the van got a flat! Lucky for us, we found a Firestone that stayed open late for us and had one tire that was the right size.


After driving 10 hours you get a little crazy...not to mention the humidity and heat while Dad was putting the spare on the van! You can tell we are sisters- look at our tongues!


On our second day, we passed through St. Louis. Lindsey and I in front of the Mississippi.

And we just had to stop at the Arch!!!


Mom, Dad and I in front of the arch.


Just me...it was so humid- my hair was curling by the minute!


Lindsey and I had so much fun taking random pics by the arch.


We found out that Carl's Jr. is Hardee's out east...yum!


We made it to Tennessee!!


The skyline of downtown Nashville.

Once we got to her apartment and got things unloaded and started unpacking, we headed to a restaurant I saw on Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins.


The Athen's Family Restaurant- a Greek restaurant that I would recommend it to anyone!! YUM!


I had a meatball dish- they were SO good!


Lindsey had a Greek salad- I tried it too- also delicious!

Unfortunately, I had fly back very early the next morning to get back to work. But before I left, I imparted all the wisdom I could on how to live it up and party hard...I mean do well in school. Two days and 1200 miles later, I will always cherish the memories and fun times of the two days we got to spend as sissers on the road!

4 comments:

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Um, how dang cute are you girlies! Oh how I love my sissers! Miss you girls like crazy. You two are so stink'n cute! I LOVE the photo of you two in front of the Mississippi and then the one of you two in the pool (in the other post) Anyways....super cute. You look great Ash! You look so Skinny minnyish! You look really healthy and well though--and freak'n adorable! MISS YOU!!!!

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

That was a SHORT trip, but looked like you girls had lots of fun!! :)

Unknown said...

AWW! I love you so much! Thank you for making the trip with me! I'm so glad we got to spend those two days together...I'll always remember them! =) Miss you tons sis! Love you!

Lance n Amber said...

You are making me homesick for Nashville Ash! :)