Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Bloggin- Hiatus

So, here is the REAL reason that I've been a huge slacker in my blogging duties! (and why I just had to post about 8 new posts because I am so behind!!!)

We are moving!!! Yup...Jarad and I have wanted to move to Colorado for a while, since the majority of both our families are over there. And everything has worked out and now is the time! We both have jobs there and are busy getting set to move. We went out over Easter (see previous post) and found a condo to rent until we feel out the area and decide where to get our own house.

We've started to pack and I have been madly scavenging for boxes. (tip for anyone else moving...check under the free stuff category on craigslist cause I hit the jackpot!) Our stuff will be moving over Memorial Day weekend (long story) and Jarad & I will be leaving the great town of Salt Lake on June 6th or 7th.

We'll be having a "come see us before we go" party of sorts but haven't quite figured out the date yet...but check back for the date/time because we'd love to see all of our wonderful friends, colleagues, family, and everyone before we go!!!

We'll really miss everyone here and the great city of Salt Lake! It's been home to me for about 8 years and Jar now for almost 4 years and we are grateful for the time we've had here and have the most amazing friends from our time here! But we are excited for the new adventure and we're sure (well Jar is and I am really hoping!) that Colorado will be as good to us as Salt Lake has been!


The "start" of the packing madness.


My jackpot of free boxes! And we're talking high-quality people!

7 comments:

Emily said...

Good luck with the move! It was great getting to know you both. Let's keep in touch through blogging!

Sarah said...

I am so sad! I'm super happy for you, but sad for me!

Andrea said...

I'm happy to hear that you get to be close to family, but I'm really sad to hear that you are leaving. I am SO glad that you were Maya's teacher for 2 1/2 years. Thank you so much for everything you have taught her and our family!!!

The Petterssons said...

Wow! that is great for you guys! Good luck with your move!!

Amy S said...

Wow that's a lot of boxes. I'm glad you hit the jackpot! Let us know if you need any help.

Unknown said...

That is so sad! But I am very happy for you guys because I heard they are great jobs. You know you will be back to visit!!!

J said...

Congrats you guys! Good luck with the move!