Monday, August 25, 2008

Ticklin' the Ivories

Just after the 4th of July, my Mom called me one day and said that I had a piano! (Trust me I was just as surprised!)

Long story short, a lady in her ward was all but giving it away and so they jumped on it. Then called and told me to figure out a way for it to get to Salt Lake from Colorado. Well, after alot of trying and working at it, I wasn't getting very far in figure out a way to transport it...so my great Dad (and great Mom for giving up her husband for a few days and for letting it be stored at her house till it could make the trip!) decided to drive it out here for me. It was suppose to be a surprise, but my sister, Lindsey spilled the beans and told me a few days early...so I guess the surprise just happened a little sooner than Dad intended. :)

So, Thursday, my Dad drove over from Colorado by himself and we moved it in! Jar & I had cleared a spot in our living room and some good friends came to help with the man-power needed in moving it. It was so great to see my Dad and also wonderful to get my very own piano!!!

Thanks so much Dad for being so selfless! I know it was a long drive to bring the piano over just to turn around and have to drive home the next day. I can't tell you how grateful I am to finally have my own piano. You've always been so giving and wonderful and I am so lucky to have such an amazing Dad! Someday I hope I can be as giving and selfless as you! I LOVE YOU DAD!!!


My Daddy & Me- he's seriously the greatest Dad ever!!!


Our new (well, new to us!) piano!

6 comments:

Kern County Kids Read said...

Yeah! I remember at Christmas how much you were wanting a piano! Now you've got one!

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

YEAH!! It looks a lot better in your place then it did in the garage:D... That was SO nice of him to do that!

Jamie said...

Congrats on the piano! It's beautiful! So fun that you have your own and can play whenever you want.

geri said...

It's awesome! How fun!! Now I'm even more anxious to get mine out of storage!! What's up next...ward pianist? :)

Unknown said...

No one told me it was a secret! I thought you knew! Thanks for making everyone in the blogging world think im a blabber mouth :P

Unknown said...

Nope...thats pretty much all the pictures from my trip. You should call me tomorrow and I'll tell you all about it! :D