Friday, June 20, 2008

Mask Mishap

It's a Friday night at home, and I thought to myself...I should do a mask before going to bed to renew my face and exfoliate. So I scoured my supplies and there was no store-made mask products to be found. So, I thought, I'll make my own. I proceeded to Google (I love that that is a verb!) homemade facial masks and found an apple/honey/oatmeal recipe that seemed simple and I had all the ingredients. I asked Jar if he wanted to do it with me and he said if I made it, he'd try it too.
So I set to work on making the mask. I ended up needing some muscle assistance from Jar with the honey and then poor honey bear-man ended up busting his lid and there was a bit too much honey. But I just added a bit more oatmeal and thought all would be well. After mixing it up, it didn't look like much of a paste but more like something you'd eat for breakfast! But I gave it a go anyway. My forehead came first and it wasn't sticking well but I kept at it and then I tried my cheeks...however, after about 1.27 minutes Jarad says to me, "you're looking kind of red." At which point I looked in the mirror and decided I better wash this concoction off immediately! And good thing I did! My poor little face was rather red! Hopefully it will calm down by morning so I can be seen in public again! Lesson learned...don't trust homemade facial masks you find online!
Please enjoy these pictures of my stupidity!


The ingredients of death!


Me, trying to make this "mask" stick.


It is kind of sticking...


How sad is my red little face!

6 comments:

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Haha I love the face in the last picture! I have tried that before, except I never put apples or cinnamon in it!

Kern County Kids Read said...

You weren't kidding when you said it made your face red. I have always thought of doing this, but now maybe I won't! How is the face today?

Thomas Family said...

LOL, oh Ash, you are too funny, thanks for the good laugh. I hope your face is better today too.
Still enjoying your blog :)

J said...

that seriously made me laugh! i'm sorry it didn't work out. you must have sensitive skin eh? i'll take your advice though and steer clear of the homemade facial products!

J said...

p.s. you need to send me your email address A.S.A.P. (write me at jamiebates13@hotmail.com)

Anonymous said...

Ha, that is hilarious. You are such a goof!