Monday, September 5, 2011

Best Labor Day Surprise!


I have the best husband and the best friend ever! They schemed, unbeknown to me, and Tarina & Chris and their two little girls made the long trek from Utah.  Arriving at 4am, and caught me so off guard and made me burst into tears (of happiness of course!). 

We had an amazing (all too short) weekend! Jarad and Chris spent some man time at the Air Force game and Wein (that's Tarina's nickname) and I played with the little ones and did some shopping.

Best friends- I'm so blessed to know and have Tarina in my life. She's been a strength to me and really is more like a sister! It seriously made my day/week/month for her to come visit!! I can not even explain how much I miss her!

 Sweet little Kate wasn't sure about shopping at first....

But she it didn't take long for this sweet girl to bring out her sweet smile.  

Part of my shock of them making such a road trip was the fact, that their second little one was only two weeks old. But I'm so glad that we got to meet sweet little Lucy! And we got in a lot of Lucy lovin'!

Sadie also was reunited with one of her besties! Kate L.o.V.e.D playing with Sadie and Sadie loved it almost as much!

That night we grilled up the salmon that Jarad brought back from Alaska.  Jarad is way sunburned from going to the game- Chris also got some sun!

After dinner Saturday night, we went to the balloon glow that's part of the annual Balloon Festival.

 Seriously love her! And miss her soooo much!

 We missed most of the balloon glow but they had a helicopter giving rides that Kate (and the boys!) loved watching take off and and land over and over.

 Kate wouldn't even leave Sadie's side when she was sleeping through watching Toy Story.

Jarad took some newborn pictures of Lucy- she pooped all over and it took a little while to get her to sleep but he got quite a few cute shots.


Later Sunday, we were able to show them a little bit of Colorado and took them to the Garden of the Gods.

 Amazing friends- Tarina & Chris, Kate and Lucy

Can you tell how happy we are?! We had an amazing weekend!

Sunday night, we went to my parent's house for dinner and since my family is Tarina's adopted (by love- not legally) family, they had to meet Lucy of course!

 Even Grandma got to meet Lucy!

 T & Chris, Kev & Lori and Jarad & I at Mom and Dad's

We were SOOO glad to see our friends and spend the weekend with them and meet Lucy! Can NOT wait to see them again soon!!!

3 comments:

Lance n Amber said...

You lucky duck!! Glad you guys had so much fun!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

So fun! I wish that was every weekend (minus the 12 hour car ride)

XOXOXO!!!

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

What a great surprise!