Sunday, August 2, 2009

Date Night

Jarad and I haven't been very good at having a designated date night lately, but Saturday we decided to have a date night. We had been told by some friends about the Larimar County Fair and thought...that'd be a great date night activity. We headed out, and had a great time!


Here we are...ready to hit the fair and have some fun! (I'm not sure why Jar isn't looking at the camera or why he is making a kissy face.)

Just inside the gates was a show called Splash Dogs. There is a have this bar hung out above the water and the dogs have to jump and rip the bar down. It was pretty cool to watch!


Next we headed out to the 4-H barns and saw a bunch of animals.


We saw pigs and one was even walking around and I got to pet it!


We also saw goats and naked (sheared) sheep.


We also saw a bunch of bunnies including this one who was HUMUNGOUS! Jarad called him the bunny on steroids! I told Jar I wanted to buy one (they had some for sale) but he said no. :(

We also saw a bunch of cows, big and small and whilst walking in the cow barn Jarad stepped in some "mud."

That will teach him to wear good shoes to the fair.

They also had a few face cut-outs for picture taking and we just couldn't resist being silly!

Here is Jarad and I. You can't see us very well so we had to get some close ups.


Really...I mean serious business. Me showing some attitude.


Jarad showing his skilz!

They also had a TON of different tractors and farm equipment that you could sit in/on and play with all the buttons and such.
Jarad was too lame to get in so I could take his picture. But...

I, however, thought it was fun to sit in these huge things!

After we checked out the rides and the games, we had to get some fair food. Going to the fair just isn't complete with out funnel cakes and cotton candy! mmm...

The funnel cake was pretty good. Crunchier than we like but still tasty! [A second picture with Jar making a kissy face...maybe he was trying to tell me somethings! Good thing it was date night ;)]


Can't go wrong with cotton candy!

We snacked on our goods while we stood in line for the ferris wheel for a while. Then we had a nice surprise- FIREWORKS!!!

This was one of many cool pictures Jarad took while we were there.


I was a bit nervous on the ferris wheel (scared of heights and old rickity rides) but Jar held my hand the whole time. :)

Thanks for all the fun and for being a great date babe!

8 comments:

Jamie said...

Hooray for date nights! I think they are a marriage must. Looks like fun!

This is so random, but I saw your post about your bathroom - love the changes. If Jarad doesn't like that your bathroom is all one color, then he would absolutely loathe my house - all monochromatic. I guess boring to some. Anyway, if you want color I'd just a pop of avocado green in an orchid on the counter or even rust orange could be cool in there. Just a thought. I know, I'm an idiot.

Maura said...

Good for you guys and yes, Jarad is telling you he wants your trash!!!! :)

A Guy,A Girl, And a Max said...

Aww! YAY for date nights and double YAY for fairs!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lance n Amber said...

That looks like such a fun date! What a romantical night!
p.s. I'm totally going to try and teach Tuya to jump like that dog. That was amazing!

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

Miss ya'll!!

Anonymous said...

miss you more. we took bry to the fair and she was terrified of the pigs and sheep. she misses you guys!

Amy S said...

Looks like fun! I can't wait to take Emi to the fair and to get cotton candy. Wish you guys were here to go to the fair again like last year!