Thursday, August 13, 2009

Back To School


Yes... I am officially a bag lady! This was me the morn of the first day of school. The district I am working for starts really early but one plus is that we are out May 20th! And again...yes, that is my breakfast that I ate in the car on my way to work.

All in all, the first two days were a success. A little bit crazy and hectic but I'm hoping everything settles down in the next few weeks and I can hit my groove.

First funny story of the year! I work with 1st grade student most of the morning in his regular 1st grade classroom. The teacher was reading a story (I was interpreting it) and all of a sudden another students says, "Can we bring pets to school?" Teacher replies, "You can bring them outside when your Mom or Dad brings or picks you up from school but pets aren't allowed in school. Did you bring a stuffed pet to show?" Student-"No, I brought a cat with stripes." Teacher- "You mean a toy cat right?" Student proceeds to head towards his backpack and teacher follows only to find a real, live kitten inside his backpack! The teacher and I about died! Buster the cat, student and teacher proceed to the office to call his parents to retrieve the kitten while I kept the class under control.

It's gonna be a year of new experiences and adventures!

7 comments:

Maura said...

Lady! You are loaded down... glad the first days are behind. Good Luck!

ASL Club said...

Ha, ha, baglady. Karma, man. That's what you get for making fun of me! I'm glad work is going well so far. Miss you. ~Jenn

Kern County Kids Read said...

I love that story! I can just SEE the parents' face when you call to let them know they need to pick up their kitty!

Lance n Amber said...

That is so funny! Poor Buster!

Amy S said...

Love all the bags and the story. :) Kids are so unpredictable! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

you look cute ash. I am glad you are liking your new job. love ya!

Anonymous said...

I stinkin love kids. Oh dear. High School doesn't bring those kinds of adventures. Sometimes I wish mine were more like that one. :)