Monday, December 1, 2008

Thanks & Family

This year for Thanksgiving, Jarad and I were able to go to Colorado Springs and spend the weekend with my family. We had a great time and it was so nice to "go home."

We did alot of cooking...so we could do even more eating!


Jarad and my sister Lindsey helped cook the deviled eggs.


While my brother Kevin, worked on his computer.

For our actual Thanksgiving dinner meal, we went to my parents ward building and joined the Hepworth's (my sister-in-law Lori's family) for their feast. Unfortunately, my Mom was sick most of the time we were home, and didn't get to eat dinner with us. :(


Kevin & Lori at the Thanksgiving feast.


Myself & Jarad ready to grub down!


My sisser Lindsey

Early, very early, the next morning, Jarad & I drug my sister Lindsey out to do some shopping on Black Friday! We left just before 4am and were back by 8am with goods in hand! It was very cold but we had fun anyway!
Here we are with our goods...lookin' oh so lovely!


Saturday, we made scrapbook calendars for next year. We did it last year too...so I think it's becoming a great family tradition.

Linds being all crafty.


Lori working on her calendar.

We also played some Wii and watched alot of movies.

Jarad & Kevin showing off their Tiger-esqe golfing skills.

We had so much fun at home and loved seeing the family!

Jar & I


Mom & Dad


Kevin & Lori

My parents have two weiner dogs and a cat. One of them, Peanut, likes to sit behind your neck between you and the back of a chair. She apparently learned this from the cat and kept climbing up me to sit up there while we were playing games.




Us & Kevin & Lori- we went to see their "new" house


My Mom & Dad and Jar & I

We came back on Sunday after going to church with the parentals. However, we missed our first flight because it took us almost 5 hours (normally takes under 2) to get to the airport in all the SNOW! So we arrived home, happy and very tired! Thanks to Mom & Dad and the fam for a great, fun and relaxing weekend! Miss you all already!

2 comments:

Chris.Tarina.Kate.Lucy said...

yah for the fam! I hope you gave them all fatty hugs for us! Love ya guys!

Kern County Kids Read said...

Fun! I am sad we couldn't fly out again. Cute Christmas background on your blog.